Baader Fringe-Killer Filter
- Baader Planetarium
Baader Fringe-Killer Filter
The Baader Fringe-Killer Filter Minimizes
Unwanted Blue Fringing, While Maintaining
A Very Pleasing Colour Balance.
The Baader Fringe-Killer Filter minimizes unwanted blue fringing, comparable to a Minus-Violet Filter, while retaining a very pleasing colour balance. This would be a contradiction in itself - only made possible by applying modern DWDM plasma coating technology, almost a hundred coating layes to be accumulated onto a planoptically polished substrate - without destroying the optical figure!
This fine optical tool will help a small refractor to really put the advertised magnification within reach. Performance rivals that of the most expensive colour correcting lens systems, costing 20 times as much.
* Offering the brightest image of all colour-correcting devices in the industry, makes the
Fringe-Killer a must for even the smallest of refracting telescopes.
* Removes blue fringing as well as RED fringing above 650nm.
* Breaks the intensity of the devastating false blue colour in a completely new way, never
before being manufactured as an astronomical filter.
* Forms a "plateau" of eff. 50% transmission in the blue spectral region from 450nm to 480nm - being much more complex to produce than even the narrowest of Nebula Filters.
* Retains the highest light transmission of all known correcting devices - bit it filters or lenses - in all important deep sky wavelengths from 486/501 up to 656nm. LIGHT is the hottest commodity for high magnification work.
* Built-in infrared blocker, ranging from 656 to 1150nm, makes it the perfect tool for CCD
work, as well as afocal projection photography with digital cameras for Moon & Planets.
* Subtlest of colour variations remain visible in planetary surface detail, due to the excellent
* Fits 1.25" and 2" eyepiece filter threads.
* Combine with our 1.25" Red RG-610 colour filter to receive an ultra narrow (~70nm) wide
h-Alpha passband filter of unheard of 95% peak transmission at world's lowest price!Combine with our 1.25" Neodymium Moon & Skyglow Filter (with Phantom Group
Multicoatings) for breathtaking contrast on lunar and planetary surface detail.
* Planoptically polished, means perfect sharpness, even when mounted way in front of a
binocular viewer, or during afocal projection (digital imaging).
* No deterioration of resolution with magnification at 300x or more (seeing conditions
permitting) as would happen with the usual "flame polished" glass, commonly used for all
sorts of filters.
* Coating - Plasma assisted, hardest, scratch proof and water impermeable dieelectric
coatings of almost 50 coating layers on either side, most carefully designed to extend equal
tension onto either side of the substrate - in order to retain a highest quality optical figure.
* Will make the performance of a simple f/8 economy refractor look like a classic f/15
Fraunhofer-Achromate. See it to believe it!!
1.25" Baader Fringe-Killer Filter - £52.00
2" Baader Fringe-Killer Filter - £84.00
You are buying from an authorized Baader Planetarium UK dealer.
|Item||Price||Telephone 07496 368981|
|Baader Fringe-Killer Filter 2" 245 8375||£41.00||Delivery to mainland UK only.|