Terms and Conditions
Ordering From SCS Astro and Placing Orders With SCS Astro.
Important Information For Customers.
Please Note: All Prices include UK VAT at 20%.
Placing Orders With SCS Astro.
SCS Astro accepts orders from all over the world. However, due to local dealership arrangements we are unable to ship some manufacturers products outside the United Kingdom. For example we cannot sell Meade or Celestron instruments to countries where there is an established distributor for these makes. If in doubt, ask, and we will inform you of the situation. Customers from overseas should search for Overseas or Large Item Shipping Charges in our product catalogue, before placing an order.
We do not ship telescopes outside the UK due to the high cost and risk of damage.
Customers can place orders by our secure online order form, phone, or email. Payment may be made by VISA/Mastercard, Maestro, UK Sterling cheque (payable to SCS Astro Limited) or by bank transfer. Customers wishing to pay by bank transfer may request our bank details (minimum order £50.00). Please note that the customer is responsible for paying ALL bank charges. For UK customers we allow four working days to clear a cheque.
When phoning or faxing your order, please supply the following details:
- Full Name (as it appears on your credit card if paying that way)
- Full Postal Address (cardholders address)
- Post Code (courier companies will not deliver without a post code)
- Delivery Address if different from above
- Daytime Telephone or Mobile number
For telescope and large item deliveries in the UK we use our local branch of Fedex. Shipments are sent out on a 2-3 working day basis if the goods are in stock. Timed deliveries i.e before midday, and Saturday deliveries are available at extra cost. All deliveries MUST be signed for.
Smaller items will be despatched by Royal Mail or ParcelForce. High value items will be sent Special Delivery or ParcelForce with compensation.
For overseas shipments we use ParcelForce Worldwide, Royal Mail, UPS or Fedex depending on size and value of the shipment.
Postage & packing charges quoted in our catalogue are for the UK Mainland ONLY. Scottish Highlands and Islands will cost more. Overseas customers contact us for shipping charges.
Please note that customers in the European Union who are not VAT registered will be charged the UK rate of VAT, currently 20%. Customers outside the EU do not have to pay VAT (sales tax), therefor prices are 20% less than those quoted in our catalogue.
Customers should be aware that SCS Astro NEVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES passes on address, telephone or credit card details to any third party. We also do not indulge in cold calling.
Returns Policy (For UK Customers ONLY).
Consumer Protection: Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013.
Customers in the UK are covered by the Consumer Protection: Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013. This allows for a fourteen calendar days cancellation period after the day the goods are received, and gives you the right to return the goods ordered, and to receive a refund, less shipping costs, within 14 days of the goods being received by SCS Astro.
- All goods must be returned in perfect condition, in the original packaging, inner and outer, and with all the original contents. The packaging must not be defaced.
- Failure to carry out the above will result in a 15% restocking charge.
- The customer must contact SCS Astro before despatching the goods and obtain a Returns Number.
- The customer is responsible for the goods until they are received and signed for by SCS Astro.
- Return shipping charges are to be paid by the customer.
- The 14 calendar day cancellation period is not applicable to Computer Software where the seal has been broken, Books, Maps and Atlases.
Freephone 0800 0181544
- Orion StarShoot HD Video Capture Device 53084
- Daystar Filters SolaREDi 80mm H-Alpha Solar Telescope
- Daystar Filters SolaREDi 66mm H-Alpha Solar Telescope
- i-Nova Power Supply & Control Kit for Skywatcher EQ8 Pro Mount
- Tele Vue Eyeguard Extender EGE-0020
- Skywatcher Star Adventurer Photographic Mount 50201